Thursday, November 12, 2009

nancy grace should probably shut up now and i didn't talk about this but 24-hour news= the death of journalism.

Carolann really stepped it up and wrote a *long* blog yesterday which is so annnnoying because it was way easier to do this when I was competing with her and winning. But w/e. I bet she won't even write tonight.

I got my fingerprints taken for the bar today.  With it, I found out I have to have a separate FBI check on top of the "regular" Department of Justice background check to pass the bar because I lived out of state for longer than two years.  Apparently they have been known to randomly call people to ask about the applicant.  So, be warned, or something.  I guess it's good that I feel confident enough my character that I'm not afraid of any one answering questions about it.  I mean, even that girl who stalked my life would probably say I was a bitch to her, but hey, at least I was honest.  I think that's probably the most important thing to being a lawyer anyway.  Also, I have decided I'm not worried about passing the MPRE.  You should hear some of the crap that comes outta people's mouths in my ethics class.  These people are creeps, and chances are, they will all become lawyers.  Look at Nancy Grace.  That creep is a freaking former prosecutor and yells on TV about people's guilt and her disgust for them, before a single shred of evidence has been presented in a court room.  That's exactly contrary to our system which to me, seems like the absolute *worst* moral sin you could commit as an attorney- to disrupt our delicate and complicated system and condemn someone in the public eye before they're proven guilty.  I mean, I hate the dude who has 10 bodies buried in his backyard, but I am sure as shit not going to do something to keep him from getting a fair trial so that we can all be sure we locked away the correct douchebag.  Anyway. You get it. They should let me be a lawyer.


1 comment:

cvm said...

i cant wait for you to be a lawyer. i love you.