Sunday, June 29, 2008

party all the time, party all the time

Enough of the serious stuff, we've had a lot of fun down here.

The proof is in the pictures:

Karaoke= my job in Puerto Viejo. Before this, some pretty scuzzy guys were passing me around when they figured out I could dance. I got sick of it, and started to stay close to Kirby and Efra. After I sang, the same scuzzy guys asked Kirby and Efra PERMISSION to clap for me and "honor" me. Machismo works in mysterious ways.

Dancing on the beach at "Johnny's Place" earlier that night. Micah (aka 'Capatin Caskey', USMC, or aka 'South Carolina' (depending on my mood)) confessed to me later that night that after dancing with me, it was really hard to dance with the other girls who didn't know how. He immediately asked that I dont let it go to my head (it did).

There's nothing like sleeping it off the next day in a hammock outside of your little home in the Caribbean...


The following week, my mysterious fever went away just in time for me to celebrate the last day with the whole group. We hit the town *pretty* hard. We went to a group of bars in "el pueblo." It was nice to have a large part of the group together (minus Efra, who took his test late after he got my fever).


The girls, sober and pretty, in the beginning of the night (+ Kent, who can not take a picture without looking like a creep).

Apparently, we had a good time. Lisa is on the left and Vicky on the right. Lisa lives in the city and I'm sure I will see her more. Vicky is from Jersey, and one of my favorites now that Ash is gone and Robin spends every weekend with her boyfriend.


Let me introduce you to Guaro, the Tico's version of imitation vodka? (But it tastes more like rum.) Somehow, they thought we were VIPs at this bar, and let us up to this VIP balcony level. The bartender handed us two bottles of Guaro when we walked in, so Lisa and I took advantage. After these swigs, he handed us glasses and mixers (whoops). I still don't really know what happened, but the point is, we had a lot of fun for a little money.

Yesterday we went to the History Museum and a craft market. It's a good thing I'm so poor, because I basically want to buy all the jewelery that I see. The museum was cool, but the coolest part was when it started to absolutely storm and we all sat in the center of this old castle and watched the water poor down on the roof tops of the entire town below us. You could see the whole city and the stretches of mountains behind it.
I stood with four friends and looked out through the rain to buildings that probably contained a million people, but I felt peacefully alone.

Pictures to come.

3 comments:

cvm said...

fun! i love you! +wish we were doing these fun things togeeeeetherrrr!!

Anonymous said...

ooohhhh I love the pics. Have you decided how long you are going to stay? Forever isn't one of the answers I am looking for FYI.

Unknown said...

Hey don't have to much fun we want you to come home some day. Keep on have'n a blast though. I wish I was there to celebrate life with you but I guess I will stay home and grow a life instead. love you.

Nita