Thursday, July 3, 2008

"sometimes love dont feel like it should"

I have put photos on Efrains computer, so hopefully I will get some up soon. I have many from other people, but other peoples pictures are never like your own. My pictures reflect the way that Ive seen Costa Rica, which can be so different from everyone elses perspective.

Ive had a wonderful week. Marilys (the friend I made in the airport) took Efra, Robin and I to a popular local club on Monday. It was SO crowded. (Yes, on a Monday). I (first) was brought on stage by myself while looking for Mari to do an 80s kickdance to "My Sherona," (2nd) was pretty damn close to fighting some ridic American guy who felt like he could touch me as much as he wanted because we are in Latin America, (3rd) at one point looked over at equally sweaty Robin during a horrible rendition of "hurts so good," and thought its possible Ive never been happier.

The next day we visited the UNHCR (United Nations High Commission for Refugees) office and had a fascinating presentation. Later we went roller skating AND bowling. Holy white trash USA. (perfect)

The Refugee class is really interesting, but I have about a 100 pages of reading a night. Its impossible to get through, and Im not looking forward to this exam. But I like the SC professor considerably more than the last.

Generalmente I am feeling a little down today. Sometimes I get tired of being the girl with buttons people love to push. I am going to get up early tomorrow and go to Monteverde (the cloudforest) with some of the guys (which certainly will not help with the button-pushing, but I can handle it). Talvez I am getting tired of the city and/or home is close enough in sight that those pressures are starting to sneak in. I am feeling this mix of nostalgia for both home and my time here- even though I havent left.

Interestante, verdad? Well, there isnt long now. Bittersweet reality has begun to tease my senses.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you could use some alone time. Don't think you have to be busy the whole time you are gone. Take some time to just reflect on the things you have learned about yourself. Don't let yourself go into bad habits. Good luck miss you my dear.

Nita